Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Overheard In NOLA, Part Whatever

On the bus with Lithus. A young couple ~ young, as in probably sophomores in college, young ~ gets on the bus and takes the seats immediately behind us. Once they are settled, they continue the conversation they were apparently having when the bus arrived.

Him: So I said to him "Look, I will prove you aren't a genius right now. How can you say atheism is a religion? It's right there that it's not."

Her: Mm-hm.

Him: I mean, no one gave him the designation of genius but himself anyway.

Her: Mm-hm.

Him: So I said to him "Admittedly, Christmas is kinda cool."

Her: Mm-hm.

Him: "Any opportunity to dress your girl like an elf is okay by me."

Her: (pregnant angry silence in which I could feel the glare)

Him: Okay, yeah, I probably shouldn't have told you I told him that.

Her: Mm-hm.

Those are sorry-we-got-to-our-stop-when-we-did Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee ~ but maybe flowers would be better.

0 comments: