Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Stuff

The Fringe Festival is this weekend. Lithus and I went to get our buttons and tickets yesterday, because the shows we want to see are tonight and Sunday. Expect further reports on this.

We finally made it to Mother's Restaurant. You know how there are some things that simply do not stand a chance of living up to the hype surrounding them? Yeah... I mean, Mother's is fine. It really is. But there are other places in the area that do what they do and do it just as well. My take? It was a locals' joint. So famous people started going there to show they were salt of the earth and ordinary, in spite of being famous. At which point, it stopped being a locals' joint and became a place to go see famous people "be ordinary." But now, so many people are going to star searching that no famous people go any longer, and it's not the locals' joint it once was.

Walking home, we ended up in the cross section of an argument between two guys. One rode away on his bike, while the other walked in the opposite direction ~ toward us. And as he passed us, he looked me square in the eye, even though he was yelling back to the other man. What did he yell? "I'm gonna jack off on your girlfriend's face!" At which point Lithus never missed a beat. Simply said "Oh, I doubt it." The argument continued as the two men moved apart from each other and Lithus and I reached our destination. But the simple "oh, I doubt it" made my night.

Twenty-two days into NaBloPoMo and I'm running out of things I want to talk about. Hmmmm... Stick with me, though. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

2 comments:

MikeC said...

Mother's - Yogi Berra: "That place is so crowded nobody goes there anymore." :-)

BostonPobble said...

Mike ~ That's IT!