Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Thoughts

I woke up this morning missing one of my nieces from when I was married to the SGM. We had several of them, four of whom were tweens and teens while I was around, two of whom were really special, and one of whom I adored. The middle one. 

Her older sister was a great young woman, but she and I had a falling out, which was tough. Her younger sister had a way of looking at the world that I truly believe was healthier than any teenager had any business being. And the middle one was sensitive and intelligent with dreams far than her family's ability to dream for her. I loved all three of them, but the middle one...she was special to me.

Now, I admit, I did the internet thing and googled them. Found a lot on the older one ~ who looks happy and like she has become her own woman, if perhaps a little hard around the edges. Found the younger one ~ who looks happiest and settled and as if life is treating her really well. Found almost nothing on the middle one. Except ...what I did find has the potential to be a life unfulfilled. There was also a possible email address. Crap.

This is why I shouldn't look too hard into my past. Do I email her? Ask if this is still a valid email address for her and see if she is willing to chat with me? Do I leave well enough alone and assume she wants nothing to do with the former aunt who divorced her uncle and walked out of her life? Of everyone from that time in my life, she (and her younger sister, to be fair, just not as often) are the ones I truly miss. Does that matter? I don't know. Maybe the past should stay the past. 

If I had all the answers, I'd run for God.

Meanwhile, how about you? Is there anyone out of your life you've toyed with trying to find again? What did you finally decide?

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

2 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I can't think when I've looked someone up, but I've had plenty of acquaintances and friendships reunited through Facebook. Sometimes it's a bust, but it''s mostly lovely.

My first response was "who wouldn't love an I-remember you-so-fondly" message. The next was recognizing potential for drama...hmmmm.

Let us know what you decide!

BostonPobble said...

Lori ~ The potential for drama is high. It depends on how she grew up, I guess.