Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Blessed Be

What a difference 24 hours makes. Actually, it only took about 1 for me to start feeling better after yesterday's post. 

Lithus and I decided we would take the trolley up Canal to Carrollton, buy holiday wrap and ribbons and fancies, then go to our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner, and bakery for dessert. And just like that, my holiday mood was restored.





Then, of course, today is the Solstice. There are some holidays in my religion that lend themselves to reflection and pensiveness. Yule isn't one of them. It's not the most raucous of our holidays, but still ~ it's about pushing away the winter and the dark and celebrating the return of the light. Hard to be blah in the face of that.

And so I wish you a blessed Yule. Today is the shortest day of the year, and the light returns tomorrow. It's a good day.





Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: