Pages

Saturday, December 06, 2014

I'm Not Trying

I get it. I do. Pobble Thoughts isn't a whole lot of fun to read right now. It's murder and outrage and protests and injustice. But here's the thing ~ this shit is happening.

We've got black men being killed by police, with no consequence.
We've got people being killed for not being straight and white, with little or no consequence.

And this is happening now, during Christmas, Hanukkah, and Yule. Yes, it's supposed to be "the most wonderful time of the year" and God bless us, everyone ~ but it's not playing out that way this year.

This afternoon I'm heading to the Krewe of Jingle parade, and will thoroughly enjoy myself. Will probably post about it tomorrow. I haven't heard about a protest scheduled today. But if there is one, one that shuts down the parade, I will join it. As much as I love the Krewe of Jingle parade.

Because #Blacklivesmatter ~ a hell of a lot more than making sure the blog is happy, or the parade runs through.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.





On July 29th, at 6pm WalkRunFly Productions (Warren Adams & Brandon Victor Dixon) partnered with poet Daniel J. Watts, and over 100 Broadway stars, directors, producers, musicians, choreographers, designers and technicians in Times Square to send a message about violence and the killing of Eric Gardner.

0 comments: