Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

See the King Stir

I miss my dad this season. Maybe it's the protests. Maybe it's the fact that we're dealing with the kinds of things he and his generation already dealt with and "should" be long past. Maybe it's the fact that he was so damn good in these kinds of situations, that I wish I had his wisdom to draw from. 

Maybe it's the realization I had the other day that I have had Nemeria, Starbuck, and LRNs in my life longer than I had him. After all, Daddy died when I was 28. Nemeria and I have been together for 35 years. Starbuck and LRNs (and his family) for 30. Talk about a realization that rocked me back on my heels. 

Or maybe it's none of those things. Maybe, as the FE wrote today, some years it a non-issue, and other years it's unbearable. I think that's the hardest part, is just not knowing when you'll feel a certain way, or what the trigger will be. I think she's right. I know she's right. This year, for whatever reason, is just one of those years. A year I miss my dad.

And that's okay, no maybes.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee, black.


1 comments:

Nemeria said...

Big smooshy internet hugs, my friend!