Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Playing Favorites

On the way to the airport this morning, Listener and I got to talking about our favorite holiday songs. It's so hard for me to choose. As soon as I would settle on one in my mind, another would pop in. I finally narrowed it down to the 4 that first popped in when she initially asked the question. Then I remembered that I hadn't included Good King Wenceslas in that list. I think it's because I don't consider that a holiday song, but more a life directive.

So, Listener, it was early. Good King Wenceslas is, bar none, my favorite holiday song ~ and life directive. Since you've heard it already this year, though, we'll cut to the other four...

In the Bleak Midwinter:



Christmas Canon (and I always love revisiting this video every year, just to see Ossie again. There are some people we never stop missing.):




Snoopy's Christmas:


And, of course, Bing and David. Because nobody does it better than Bing and David.



If I happen to have tears on my cheeks after listening to those four for posting, I'm woman enough to admit it. That's what makes them my favorites, after all.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: