Pages

Monday, October 03, 2005

And Then There's Reality...

Today is my birthday (and yes, honestly, 36 comments might be nice if we can manage it. that was a cool idea!) . It is not yet noon. I have spoken with my mother and instant messaged with my bio-sister. Mom is feeling better (has the flu wicked bad); bio-sis has a really busy day planned; and my mom's stepdaughter's wedding was lovely. Thanks, Nemeria.

I got a notice from my car insurance company that they had been unable to reach us (my ex or me) regarding the reduction in coverage for the '98 jeep wrangler. Which is mine. Which I have not reduced coverage on. Which is covered by insurance to be managed and paid by my ex per our divorce settlement. I have emailed her back.

When I woke up this morning, something had bitten me. A lot. So I had welts all over my arms and face. Have taken a benedryl which is making me sleepy and not want to have to run the errands that need running. (for those of you who are now freaking out ~ no, I didn't need my epi and it wasn't anywhere close to anaphylaxis. just itchy.)

Sigh. Still today is my birthday and that makes me really, really happy. I'm 36 and things just keep getting better. I had an amazing weekend and am still glowing (literally and figuratively) from that. Later this week, my Boston friends will help me celebrate the day. Today, I will celebrate the day. And I will deal with the insurance. And I will go ahead and take my mid-day nap now because the benedryl is knocking me out and that's Just Fine. Reality may be back but I'm in a pretty good place to handle it.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

22 comments:

Jan said...

Happy Birthday!!

Jaded said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy birthday, dear Ms. Pobble
Happy Birthday to you!

I sing for a living, so you KNOW that was good, lol!!

I'm fighting that sleep monster too, only mine's due to Flexeril. Long story. I can't give into it though because Jadette would run rampant (and probably naked) though the house. Not a good thing.

Is it too selfish of me to say that I'm kinda looking forward to your move to Philly? I know you love Boston - I still miss living there - but Philly is only an hour from here, so we can have coffee from time to time.

Ah well, have a wonderful nap and a wonderful birthday. I'm 39 (40 in April) so you'll get no sympathy from me over being 36. Actually, I think my 40's will rock in a huge way.

christine mtm said...

happy birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and many more

Anonymous said...

Well hello folks you dont knowme...well you sorta do i am the one she refers to as "the dear one" now i dotn know why she does this but thats her bag. now begore i get this shindig on the road i would like to say that i am a horrible speller and my grammer isnt to pretty either so please bare with me in this time of crisis. i have been informed that it is the great pobbles birthday. so i feel as if i need to say somthing snappy so listen up pobble and get the gum out of your ears i am only saying this once or in this case put your glasses on. Happy bir...no no no every body will be telling you that one so i will try somthign a tad new....ah here we go...Appyhay Irthdaybay...nah thats kinda dumb....hold on a sec time to go to the front porch if you know what i mean...ok back... i will make that whole bday thing up to you when you come and see me soon...ok now i think i am just babbaling and everybody will find me annoying....with that said the BMIC is out!!!!!

dondon009 said...

Happy Birthday, dear lady!

What a pleasure it is visiting you regularly at Pobble Thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday- enjoy every minute of this year-living live with joy and filled with grace.

Pace e Bene

Sue said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Nemeria said...

Happy Birthday!!!

And, just in case your were wondering...Captain Kangaroo AND the Mickey Mouse Club debuted 50 years ago today.

Don't you feel even more special now?

Blue Dog Art said...

Happy Birthday to my new friend Pobble. Many Happy days to you!

CatNFiddle said...

Happy and merry from a friend of a friend! May you wear the year like a gorgeous Pobble Bauble!

(Sorry, Cats can attest that I'm a punny poet.)

Dreamer said...

FELIZ CUMPLIANOS!

That's how we say it down South, darlin', and I just want you to know, I will deffinately be giving you a presant when you come down to visit. What is it? You'll just have to wait and see! A clue...It's something hand-made and whatnot.

Just remember in five days I turn the big 1-7! I have to be like the youngest of your friends, and your niece doesn't count...well love you lots!

Love Ya Eternaly
Audrey

Anonymous said...

A little bird (a catsbird?) mentioned that it's your birthday.

Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Late as often, but add my best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday a day late, Pobble. October 3rd is also my husband's birthday. Oh, you Libras!
--revwaf (a cyberfriend of cats')

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!

Many, many more

Many happy returns

And enjoy your year - and your life!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday my beloved Popple. You are in my thoughts and forever in my heart.

Another year, and you have become more wonderful, richly colorful, and attractive than the year before.

I wonder what new growth this next will bring.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day!!!!!!

I am from Dallas and know "Needless Markups" [Neiman Marcus] pretty well ...

RevRake in MI

PS cats sent me ...

Rick said...

Christine sent me as well... happy birthday, belatedly...

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am late with this, Dear Friend. Hope 36 is as wonderful to you as you are to me. Much love coming to you by way of VA.

Love & Miss You===
"the One" in VA

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, late as usual. You don't know me, but late is typical of me! Happy Happy Birthday.