Pages

Friday, October 07, 2005

Birthday Party

I think one of the greatest compliments I can be paid is "You always throw the best parties." For me, entertaining is an art. It's something I truly, truly love to do and when people are comfortable and having fun in my home, I'm happy (happy lots of other times and places, too, mind you ~ but that's what this particular post is about so...) At one point, I sat back (as I knew I would) and just listened to the laughter of my friends. Mind you, at another point, I looked at the clock to make sure it wasn't too late on a Thursday night for us to be making this much noise! Both times, the sound of it was beautiful.

The candles were lit, the jazz/swing/big band cd's were in the stereo, the daiquiris were icy and the cake was delicious (if I do say so myself!) And I got presents. I do love presents! And because these people know me well, I got great presents ~ which is even better and makes it so much easier to open them in front of other people.

Not everyone knew each other but by the end of the evening, everyone was hugging everyone else. And, when people started pulling me aside to say "You always throw the best parties" it just made the night that much better for me. And when we drink we drink together...

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

3 comments:

Jaded said...

Sounds perfect. I'm glad.

word verification: wuvd

Loved. 'nuff said.

dondon009 said...

So glad the evening went well....

Now I miss Boston even more. The friends I made in Boston still remain my friends and I've been in Florida for 15 years! The friends I've made in Florida... seem more transitional. Florida is, sadly a transient state.

Happy continued birthweek! Why does Jaded get all the good words? Mine tonite is oqhafvve!

christine mtm said...

i'm so glad it was a good party