Pages

Friday, October 21, 2005

To Think that I Saw It on Newbury Street

With thanks to Dr. Seuss for the title!

Tonight I decided I wanted a fire in my fireplace but I didn't have any wood. So, I headed out the the convenience store to grab a load. On my way, I passed...

* 2 bagpipers in full formal highland dress, playing their bagpipes for no apparent reason

* a man in a tux, lighting a pipe and sitting on a bench

* another man carrying four chairs, crown-style, on the top of his head

* five hockey goalies, dressed in full gear, walking down the street (to the beat of the bagpipes but I'm not sure they realized it)

No wonder I love Boston. :)

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

4 comments:

Jaded said...

I used to get my nails done on Newbury Street...used to be a salon there called Star Salon. I lived in Charlestown, though. Still Boston technically, just not near Newbury.

Anonymous said...

Not that I'm at all surprised given your literary prowess...but "And to Think That I saw it on Mullberry Street" was my very favorite Dr. Suess book as a child. I just had a pang...and I definitely heard the bagpipes playing "Amazing Grace" last night on my way out. I love Boston too!

:-)
FAEE

dondon009 said...

I lived at 206 Commonwealth Avenue!
Let me know if it's still there sometime.....
I raised my late adopted son in Somerville. I know that is still there.
I love Newbury street..
I love Boston, but then you already knew that!
Buying hurricane supplies (SPAM) in case Wilma decides to visit.
Have a lovely weekend.......

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
»