Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

And I Wasn't Even Kissed


Okay folks, here's the thing. My heat has been included in my rent for a long time now. Before that, the ex and I had oil heat so we paid for the delivery and called it good. Now? Now it's a little different. I have gas heat which I pay for myself. And it's attached to my oven, which is something that several of my New England friends have heard of ~ and several haven't. So it's not UNcommon but it's also not common. I live in a three bedroom so it's a good sized apartment.

Still, imagine my surprise when, after having to be in long pants and sweaters all the time to stay warm AND supplement the heat in my office with a small space heater, I opened my bill the other day to discover a bill for $321.48! No back payments as I make my payments in a timely fashion. The month was just that much.

Dude. Ouch.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee ~ if you have the buck fifty after paying your heating bill!

8 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Good lord, mine was almost $100 less than that and I had a coronary when I opened it. Makes ya wonder how some people manage, doesn't it?

christine mtm said...

mine was for over $500 the month we weren't even living in the house!!!

Jaded said...

That's freakin' insane... mine was $225 and you've seen the size of my house. It's not a mansion, but I'd guess that it's a tad larger than your apartment. SHEESH!!!

sttropezbutler said...

This is really sick-o. I can't imagine what people on fixed incomes are doing? Eating cat food and sitting in blankets.

Hello Washington...get your fingers out of the pie and on the pulse and DO SOMETHING.

Oh right..you did something..you gave the candy store to the dentists and let them do as they see fit.

Yikes...

STB

Tai said...

I paid $36 dollars for two months.

You'll NEVER hear me complain!

Rose said...

I heard horrible cost for heat in the last week. Here in St. Louis it has been unseasonably warm so where did these high bills come from?

dondon009 said...

Now a bill like that would send me into neverland......

I fell out when this months bill was $101.00, the previous month was $54.00 They've added an energy surcharge.....

Actually we shouldn't be needing heat here in Florida, but some nights have been in the high 40's and the PUGS unfortunately don't generate enough heat to keep me comfy warm on very cold nights!

Which reminds me, how are the babies?

CrackerLilo said...

OUCH!!!

At least you've got Lionel and Daisy to help keep you warm.