Pages

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Beautiful, Beautiful Man

Once again, I have been honored enough to witness the culmination of a dream. My friend, B, is a black belt. And he was beautiful. B is the husband of my other friend whose black belt test I got to witness (her braid is still one of the most magnificent things I have ever seen) and the three of us have always confounded people ~ almost from the very first night we met. The three of us are nearly always in physical contact. Kissing B is as natural to me as playing with my own hair. If you didn't know us, you would be hard pressed to tell which woman he was married to just by watching us interact.

He is one of the most beautiful people I have ever known. Last night was ... amazing. He shone. And I was so proud of myself because I didn't even cry ~ until I saw him wipe his eyes after he received his sword. At that point, how could I not weep with him? Weep for his strength and pride and hard work and dedication. Weep for his beauty. Weep for this man I love who had done this amazing thing. So I wept. And his beauty shone right through my tears.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

3 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm crying too. I'm so touched. I love how much you love your friends.

Tai said...

Loving your friends is the best feeling in the world.

BostonPobble said...

If you knew my friends, you would understand how easy it is to love them as I do. I am truly, truly blessed.