Pages

Monday, May 22, 2006

Becoming...WHAT?

I had an unexpected thing happen last night. The Muppet, Peaches, Yahoo Billy and I met up for drinks. Then, Muppet and Peaches went home and Yahoo Billy and I went back to his.

As I sat on the edge of his bed, I found myself thinking "Yeah ~ he and I are pretty much done here." To the point that, I even said later in the evening (appropriate to the conversation, of course, because I am more often than not, an appropriate Pobble) "Yahoo Billy, the joy of being pretty indifferent to each other is that we don't have to try to impress the other one." He didn't even try to argue the point. So, he noodled on his computer. I grabbed a t-shirt and crawled in bed. A few minutes later, he joined me. And that, my friends, is when it got really interesting.

We talked.

I gave him some advice on a situation with another woman (he has been so outmaneuvered, poor thing.) He asked questions and really wanted to hear the honest answers, not the fuck-buddy answers. I even let him in on my theory that boys are stupid (see above mention of being outmaneuvered) and that girls are psychotic (yeah ~ re-read that same sentence.) He tried to disagree but couldn't quite. We have agreed we are in no danger of falling in love with the other one and are quite happy about that fact. We get enough of that from other people (guess which sentence you should now re-read????).

And somewhere between him walking into the bar last night and getting out of the Pobble Mobile this afternoon ~ we started to actually become friends.

I admit it. I'm shocked.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

6 comments:

ZooooM said...

Wheeee! I have to admit I haven't been around long enough to know the multi faceted (probably wrong words) relationships you have with your peeps. But, it sounds like this is a good, comfy place for now? I just hope nobody's emotions decide to sucker punch them at a later date. That is what used to happen to me.

And I must say I've learned a new fact about dogs from your other posts. I can't wait to share that with my Mom, since many times she's had to deal with the same thing.

It's kindof sad that we humans know so little about the animals we keep, yet we think we know best.

Jaded said...

Funny what an actual conversation can accompish, huh? And with a stupid boy, too, lol.

Glad things are as they should be.

Aisha T. said...

Hmmm...like Zooom, I haven't been around enough to really get the meat of your relationships but, this sounded like a good thing that happened? (Was there supposed to be a question mark after that first sentence?) MUST READ YOUR OTHER POSTS! *grin*

Tai said...

I think friends are really important.
Sometimes I think they're worth more than 'relationships' in some regards.

christine mtm said...

cool.

i have some ideas about the puppies and i'll share with you on friday. (which is also when the dsl should be working again.)

Anonymous said...

WOW--I have to admit that I am impressed. And to think, this all started as your leap back into the world of dating. Well, here's to looking for love and finding a friend. It's been my experience that the friendships last longer anyways.

The One in VA