Pages

Monday, May 29, 2006

Why I Write This Blog

Perhaps the title should be Why I Can Write This Blog.

Because men and women have fought and died to give me the right to be as brazen, as outspoken, as politically incorrect, as judgemental, as vocal as I want to be.

This could be a very long post. It won't be because I have to get off my Pobble butt and go into town this morning. Instead, I will just say thank you.

To the men and women who fought and fight for our freedoms.
To the mothers, fathers, wives, husbands, daughters, sons, kith and kin who wait for their soldier to come marching home.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee. Buy one for a vet, instead, though.

4 comments:

dondon009 said...

Well said.....

DON~

Dreamer said...

One of my teachers had us make cards to send to Veterans...I cried that entire class period. Not because I was sad about what was going on, I was but so many forget why we have Memorial day. It isn't for the sales or say it's the start of the summer...but to remember the fallen, the wounded, the brave, and those still fighting...

Lord knows we wouldn't be where we are if we didn't have the freedoms they have fought and now fight for.

Jaded said...

One of the proudest moments of my life happened about 6 years ago. My father was asked to speak at the Memorial Day ceremonies at the armory near Trenton. State and federal officials were there. The armory is closing and being converted into a NJ National Guard museum and library. My dad was the commanding officer of that armory for a number of years. His picture hangs in its hallway.

To see him dressed in full uniform, as the highly decorated colonel he is, being honored by allowing him to honor those who lost their lives serving their country is a moment I'll never forget. Everyone knew him, everyone respected him...and his speech brought tears to everyone's eyes. I was so proud to of him, and to be his daughter.

We don't have to agree with war. That's our right. And that right was assured by the bravery shown by countless men and women through history. I never forget.

Barry said...

I just had to stop by...I was humbled and moved by your concern. Although I am not a 'soldier' I do feel if I get my job done well, the sooner our 'boys and girls' can come home. I do use boys and girls in an honorable way, I use that reference because when I look at most of them, they are so young.