Pages

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Things I Don't Quite Understand

1. Funnels. I was refilling my oil lamps and wanted to just let the funnel stay in the lamp while the oil dripped. But you can't do that. You have to hold the funnel up just a little bit in order for it to drain. I kinda get why ~ but not quite.

2. Why I gave the guys my friends and I hung with last night at the bar a fake name. Yes, Backseat S. did it first. But so what? These were really cool guys. They didn't deserve to be introduced to Bridgit. They deserved to be introduced to Pobble. Still, not knowing who they were and that they were cool, I guess it made sense for me to give them a fake name ~ but not quite.

3. What is up with all these guys on yahoo personals putting pictures of themselves without shirts on up there in their profiles? It shouldn't really make me feel a little skeevy. I suppose I should be grateful. It lets me know what I'm getting right up front. But it doesn't ~ not quite.

4. Why the woman I just met said such not nice things to me about the mutual friend who introduced us. I mean ~ you are meeting me because we are both friends of this person. What in God's name makes you think you can trust me to keep my mouth shut? I don't know you. Eventhough there was alcohol involved, I would never talk like that about the Divine M or the Lovely Cats, booze or no booze. And certainly not to a stranger, no matter how much I liked her. So I want to write it off to the drunkeness of the evening; I just can't ~ not quite.

5. When I became so neurotically independent. My neighbors were joking that I needed to come up with a code so they would know when not to knock on my door in case Yahoo Billy or Chuck or someone was over and it was ~ ahem ~ inapproriate for me to have unexpected company. I nearly threw up. I will go to them. I will give out my email addresses, my phone number, my web site. I will sleep in their beds; wear their t-shirts; and use their toothpaste. I will arrange my schedule to fit theirs. No problems. But do not ~ do not ~ consider coming into my space, meeting my babies, sleeping in my bed or snuggling on my couch. And yes, I understand that the last few people I've been with had a really hard time letting me have my own space and continue being my own person so it sorta makes sense that I'm having this reaction ~ but not quite.

6. Who is reading my blog. According to my counter, I have had almost 100 hits in the last two days. And all of three comments since then. Let's say...12 of those hits are me. And three are the folks who left comments. That's still almost 85 hits that I don't understand where they came from. I should just relax and enjoy the fact that I'm getting hits. But I can't ~ not quite. I want to know. :)

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

9 comments:

ZooooM said...

Oh girl, I can totally understand the independent my own space thing. I know how I got there, and I have seen the effect on relationships. Don't worry, you don't have to make yourself fit in their idea. You will find someone who not only lets you be yourself and have your space, AND who makes you not need that space as much anymore. At least I believe that, since I found someone like that.

And believe me, I'm still not convinced that my Mom isn't paying him under the table not to flee. But however it happened, I'm enjoying it while it's here.

ZooooM said...

Wow, grammar be damned. Why do I hate proofreading so much BEFORE I hit submit?? gah.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm reading. Count me. SiteMeter is free and give you lots of info about your readers, including city, and sometimes, how they got in. The search words that turn up your site are sometimes hilarious.

I'm with you on the independent front; I think that's primarily what's holding me up on the dating front. Don't want anyone bossing me around.

I agree on the shirt-thang too, and "skeevy" is the PERFECT word.

I also hate the profiles in which it's obvious that they cut out the ex-gf, or wife, revealing a shoulder or half of their head. "who, her? she's nobody."

It sounds like I'm making it up, but I just had a #4 conversation last night, a new acquaintance said something awful about one of my best friends, and left my jaw hanging open.

I can relate to so much of this, you can just write my blogs for me.

Nemeria said...

I read but don't often leave comments. You usually say everything so well, I don't want to muck it up with my rambling. Besides, I'm usually at work when I'm reading which isn't a good thing!

Jaded said...

Generally, I'll check in every so often to see if you've updated. If you haven't, I leave, especially since I've probably already commented on the post. If it's something new, like now, I comment.

#4 is the reason that I rarely make friends with women. I do make exceptions to that rule. :)

Thanks for the phone call. I haven't had a chance to get back to you. It means a great deal. Seriously.

Rose said...

Great thoughts. That funnel thngy gets me too. Guys who show their chest and muscles make me think it is not them maybe someone else. Sometimes its' safer to give different name when you are not sure about folks. Enjoyed reading your post. Intriguing.

sttropezbutler said...

Darling..

We were twins in another life.

STB

I may have been the evil twin!

Twisted Lady said...

The funniest personal ads are the guys that "pose" with their cars.

That always cracks me up...

Especially when it's like, a Honda.

dondon009 said...

I've always wondered why I get so many hits and so few comments....

Could it possibly be that I do the same thing?

Sometimes you leave me speechless, but that is not a bad thing!

Sometimes, I'mn just "brain dead" as I seem to have been for the last two weeks.