Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2006

I Miss Him Too but Enough Already

Back when I was married, we had a dog named Quinn. Quinn was completely trained and very housebroken. However, the first several days after my ex would go on a deployment, Quinn would poop all over the bedroom. After taking him to the vet to ensure there was nothing wrong, the vet told me that dogs often do that so the scent will bring the lost member of the pack back home. It was messy ~ but sweet.

Lionel and Daisy are not housebroken. Based on their past trauma and age, I've decided not to push the situation. Hell, I've been excited that they now, more often than not, hit the puppy pads. Or at least get close enough to the puppy pads that I can tell they tried.

Until now.

In the two days since my Dear One left, the only possible option for poop is my guest room. Usually in the corner where my Dear One left his stuff while he was here. I take them out. They pee and poop outside. Then we come in. And within an hour, there is more poop in my guest room. The puppy pads are dry.

On the one hand, I'm glad to know that Lionel and Daisy are capable of bonding to this extent. On the other... Bleach and I are becoming very good friends.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

4 comments:

Nemeria said...

Oh, poor you! That's no fun at all. I guess putting the puppy pads in that corner doesn't help? Hopefully they'll get it out of their system soon.

Dreamer said...

They will, eventually they'll start moving back to their normal routine. Shortman will just have to come back soon, whenever he can.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

This is so...sweet and funny. Are you going to make him keep his stuff on outside next time he comes?

Also very educational, reiterates that I shall never own a dog before I read up and learn to think like one. I have a feeling I'd be a lousy alpha-male, and they'd walk all over me...like my cat does. Bless 'er.

dondon009 said...

The joys of puppy parenthood!

Dogs can be so easily trained when they're young, it's a shame their former owners didn't try a little harder.

I, thankfully do not have that problem..... when I go away, the dogs refuse to eat! When I discussed this with my vet, he said not to be overly concerned since they are both so fat, they could probably survive for months without eating.... he was kidding, I hope! I'm certain if he had fed them bacon and eggs, they would have eaten!

I commend you on adopting those dogs and hell, what's a little bleach when you get all that lovin in return?