Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Adjusting

Earlier tonight, I was on the phone with a person I had met at Nemeria's wedding when my call waiting beeped. I quickly looked at the caller i.d. and saw it was BioSis. I ignored the call and kept talking. When the phone call was over, I checked my messages. The message went something like this (okay, it went exactly like this):

Pobble? Did I lose you? No, I got your machine. ... Oh God. ... I can't talk.

And then silence.

I returned her call. She had been in a dressing room of a department store, had a question and her cell phone died on her. Nothing major, totally innocuous. And she had had little enough signal that she wasn't even sure if she was leaving a message or not.

However, my immediate reaction upon hearing the message was JMB! He's back. Then I remembered he was dead.

Goddess forgive me, I'm glad.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

5 comments:

dondon009 said...

Isn't it amazing that even in death, this man continues to have power over his victims......

The Goddess understands your anger and the feeling that you have to ask forgiveness, in my humble opinion continues to make you a victim.

You were there for me recently when I really needed someone to lean .... and your kind words of encouragement helped me crawl out of that black hole....

If I had written this post, how would you respond? Somehow I think you would know exactly what to say.... now, apply those wonderful words/thoughts to your present situation my friend!

Know that you are loved!

DON~

ZooooM said...

When I read that, I thought something bad had happened! I'd have thought the same thing you did. It's normal, I think.

I'd bet that even with people dying that aren't scary - I'd bet sometimes fleeting thoughts still default to their living status.

I'm just glad everyone is good.

Krystal said...

I'm glad everything is alright.

Who is JMB?

kimber said...

He hasn't been dead long enough for you to know it in your bones -- it makes sense, that you'll still react the same way, instinctually. It may take a long time to get over that shock, that tremor, that cold-pit-of-your-gut feeling, but it will fade.

I'm glad it was just bad cell service! :)

Stay well, Pobble.

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

My girlfriend used to come down and see me at 2:30 every day right after she got done with work. After she was killed in a car accident, for a time, I would be working and look up and see the clock, and it was 3:00, and I would wonder where she was at. Then the memory would shock me back to the present, that she wouldn't be showing up anymore. When the heart has "strong feelings", be they for good or ill, it takes a while for it to recover...