Pages

Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Drive By Tagging

SO! Zoom didn't really tag me. She didn't really tag anybody. And I don't usually post twice in a day. HOWEVER! A very special person is having a hard day and needs reading material. This seemed like a good way to help him out just a little bit.

Therefore, without further ado because I know you are all just too excited about reading this...

The Pobble's Five Things Tag!

5 Things in my Purse:

Already I'm causing problems. I don't carry a purse. Hm... How about 5 Things in the Little Wallet-Thingy I Do Carry Because I Gotta Keep Shit Somewhere. That works.

5 Things in the Little Wallet-Thingy I Do Carry Because I Gotta Keep Shit Somewhere.

1. Cash. This is dwindling right now to a lone, limp, raggedy single one dollar bill.
2. A silver dollar. My grandfather, Papa, carried it with him. It went from his wallet into mine and has been with me ever since.
3. The Lovely Cats' business card. She's my emergency contact so if I get hit by a bus, they'll call her.
4. Quarters for parking meters. Parking meters no longer accept anything but quarters up here. This is just wrong on many, many levels.
5. Two fortunes from fortune cookies. The last two times Peaches and I have gone out in Boston, it has been to one particular Chinese restaurant. My fortunes read: You have an unusally magnetic personality and You are a bundle of energy, always on the go. I decided I liked them and kept them.

5 Things in my Fridge:

1. Half and half for my coffee. If there is ever a day when this isn't in my fridge, something has gone very badly in my world.
2. Something that looks like it was once take-out or delivery or something. I'm not willing to explore further.
3. Tortillas. These are comfort food for me. With my appetite the way it is recently, it's been nice to have these around.
4. Ghiredelli (sp?) chocolates. Too hot to leave 'em out and, for once in my life, I actually have them left over longer than the usual 17.4 seconds it takes me to go through a bag.
5. Girl beer. I can't stand beer. But I don't always want a mixed drink. Instead, I keep Hard Mike's or Smirnoff around. This is what the Muppet calls "girl beer." Currently, I have both in my fridge. (hmmm...and it's Saturday night...) Lime flavored by chance.

5 Things in my Closet:

1. Um...clothes. Or is that too much of a no-brainer?
2. Boots. Several pair. In fact, had I wanted to, I simply could have listed off five different pair of boots and been done with it. And not come close to listing all of them.
3. My ritual robes. I don't worship skyclad.
4. Hmmm... I'm causing problems again. My closet is really very boring apparently.
5. Carpeting. Re-read #4.

5 Things in the Pobble Mobile:

1. Pens. I have pens everywhere.
2. Change for tolls. Going into Boston, I need bills but heading to the Blackbelts' house, I need change.
3. An EZ-Pass. Again, to visit the Lovely Cats. I drive there; she pays my tolls.
4. Napkins from Dunkin Donuts. I go through their drive thru a lot. Every time, I get napkins. Every time, I put them in the compartment between the front seats. I could paper the world.
5. Three unpaid parking tickets. Yeah, I know...

There you have it. I'm not tagging anyone specifically but feel free to help yourself. Especially if you, like many of us out here, are feeling a bit blog-stuck in the heat of summer.

Those are Pobble Thoughts ~ with a little help from Zoom. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

4 comments:

dondon009 said...

Thank you for reminding me that I need have my eyes checked and a new perscription is definately in order.... or get me another coffee!

5 Things in the Pobble Mobile:

1. Penis

Excuse me? Let me clean the lenses... OH, you wrote pens.

Thank You!

Rose said...

I like this one. I might just do this on my blog sometimes this week...

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

I would have a tough time doing this because I have absolutely nothing in my closet (well ok carpeting) I cleaned it out last fall when I moved in and never got around to puting anything in it...

Anonymous said...

Well, I think I just figured out why I have such a clutter mess. I would have a hard time picking 5 things to list for each of those places. In fact I could name 5 different closets that held different types of stuff. My purse is more like a saddle bag (but I do work 12 hour days so I have to be prepared for anything). Although there are no science projects in my fridge, I still couldn't narrow it down to 5. Keep up the good work, and would you like to help me downsize my house? sounds like you're an expert.