Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Love/Hate Relationships

I have love/hate relationships. This, however, is progress from my last post where the love part didn't enter into it at all. The best I could offer then was you-don't-make-me-want-to-beat-you-with-a-brick/hate relationships. So, we'll go with love/hate, be pleased with the progress and thank the Goddess this doesn't happen every month.

1. Tampons. Now, I love tampons. Tampons are the reason I wouldn't want to live in any other time period. But by the end of the week... damn.

2. Butterfly Boy. Since the conversation where he said we could only be friends, he has: told me he checks online nearly every night to look for me; stopped flirting completely; told me how much he loves hearing from me; and hasn't been online in a week without a word of explantion. Dude. The Divine M was right; this guy really is my male counterpart. What do you want to bet I would end up on his list of love/hate relationships, too.

3. The Pobble Mobile. The Pobble Mobile is a rag-top, unairconditioned jeep wrangler. It is hot in the summer, cold in the winter and always noisy. But she's mine, free and clear. She gets me where I need to go, even in bad weather. Still, when it's hot like it is now...I really wish she was a sedan.

4. Talking. God, I hate talking. I don't mean chatting or catching up. I mean talking. As in "We need to talk." As in "Can I talk to you about something?" As in "Why are you so worried about me really?" As in "What happened between us?" As in "Who are you trying to protect, me...or you?" The problem is I also understand how important it is, how vital. My father was a professor of communication most of my life, for God's sake. But damn, whichever end I'm on, I hate talking.

5. My pens. (A quick aside, especially for GoodNightGirl ~ this doesn't apply to my fountain pens!!!) I love my pens. I write a long hand first draft more often than not. They are everywhere ~ my car, my desk, my calendars, every room in my house, tucked behind my ear or into my hair. Hell, I even have one by my tub, just in case. So why the hell can I never find one when I need one?!?

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee, to sip on while you wait for this week to finally be freakin' over!

3 comments:

Dreamer said...

lol, when I saw talking, I immediately when, "Damn, I called her." Then I read on and was like, "Yay! I called her!"

And I can't wait to ride around in the Pobble Mobile come March.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I have to admit that I gasped there for a second! Pens! But you're right; the good ones require a bit of maintenance, and sometimes there just isn't time for even "a bit." It's ridiculous how often I have to borrow a pen. I'm going to go fill my waterman right now.

CrackerLilo said...

I am the same way with tampons and pens.

The only reason I like PMS is that I live with someone who gets PMSy along with me.