Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Foot Fetish ~ Just Bitching Here

1. To Women ~ Even if it is a "low" heel, if you have to walk flat footed or duck walk, the heel is too high. Please. Practice at home before you come out into public. Or stay with flats. Flats are lovely, I promise. And far more sophisticated than the duck walk.

2. To Men ~ Rubber flip flops are not shoes. They are appropriate for a beach or a locker room. Not a restaurant. Not even a casual restaurant. Personally, I don't care for men in open-toed shoes at all but I recognize this is unfair and hypocritical of me, especially in the heat of the summer. But no flip flops. And if you are going to wear other sandals, I have two words for you: pedicure and please.

3. To the Cute Little Thing Out With Grandma and Mom ~ The sound of flip flops should never ~ never ~ be heard while having tea at the Ritz. Learn this now.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

5 comments:

Hermes said...

What if the man were really eccentric and loveable? Like Einstein, wearing odd socks and rubber sandals because he's too caught up in thinking of specific relativity to pay attention to sensible foot wear...? No I guess it would still be bad. I agree, your bitching is valid.
I'm enjoying discovering your blogs.
Be safe

Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly agree!!

Nothing worse than ugly toenails in open toed shoes. Ack!!! It's right up there with socks and sandals.

Don't people dress up to go out anymore? Especially for afternoon tea at the Ritz.

And I don't get high heels, or stiletto heels... they just look really damned uncomfortable! But, I guess they keep the chiropractors employed.

alan said...

With only 8 toenails, I guess I'd have to paint something on the big ones...hmmmmmm!

alan

Nemeria said...

Granted, it is now summer time and we'll have to wait until fall to see this again: Ladies, if you are wearing an absolutly ge-orgy-ous pair of high heeled boots, please don't ruin the look by walking on the OUTSIDE of the heel. I'll spend the entire 10 minute walk to the office wondering to myself a) when the heel(s) is(are) going to break; b)when your ankle is going to break; and c)when you're going to hell for desecrating such works of art.

dondon009 said...

When exactly are flip flops not flip flops?

My attorney/friend Brian stopped by on his way home from the office yesterday..... wearing a pair of drop dead beautiful leather and suede "flip flops" in the $99.99 price range..... they didn't flip, they didn't flop.... and his feet were sparkly clean and well pedicured.

I cannot, for the life of me call those flip flops... I just can't.

Brian does wear appropriate attire in the court room... but he looked fabulous yesterday!

DON~