Pages

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Weekend Ramblings

* A woman who did almost 4 years in jail for credit card and identity theft has written a fictionalized account of her life of crime. She's selling a lot of books and has a second novel contracted and awaiting publication. Hey ~ I can work credit card theft if that will help sell my books. :)

* Toward the end of May, I had dinner with the FAE (formerly known as the FAEE but she is no longer my editor, having moved on to bigger and better so that first e is now superfluous and therefore must be removed ~ digressing Pobble...) When I shared something with her, she not only took it in stride and accepted it but she got it. Down deep, the same way I get it. With a shy yet knowing smile. And that felt really nice. (And no, I'm not coming out. I'm still the pathetically heterosexual Pobble ~ as strange as that really is.)

* I'm getting tired of friends and acquaintances getting upset when I don't blog about *them.* Something important will happen in their lives, they will stop by the blog and then get upset when I haven't written about it. Suddenly, I get a nasty-gram or a tearful phone call or even hurt silence that isn't explained to me until months later. Guess what? The title of this blog is "Pobble Thoughts." Not "Pobble Thoughts About Other People Who Think They Should Be Written About Here." Want your special day memorialized? Write your own blog.

* In the last 36 hours, I have written on a) a trashy romance novel b) a proposal for another genre-specific dictionary and c)...a script for a short film involving a killer refrigerator. My writing life is as surreal as my personal one.

* My friend, Webstress, had a baby. You know the greatest thing about Webstress? She knows I'm excited for her. She knows I want to see her and meet Ziggy. She also knows I have a life that is rather unpredictable in terms of scheduling and that I am not all that fond of children until they hit 11 or 12. (She also could give a rat's ass that his birth wasn't announced here at the time, which is nice considering Weekend Rambling The Third.) Later this month, I will go see them and she doesn't take it personally that I didn't go within moments of his birth. I will ooh and ahh over Ziggy. I will do anything Webstress needs an extra hand with around the house. And we will talk about things other than just the baby and she won't make me hold him. Gotta love Webstress.

* Almost two weeks ago now, I got into a cleaning frenzy. Cleaning Frenzy. And my house is still clean! It's a Christmas Miracle in summer. Have faith, people. They do happen.

* As I was just sitting out on my balcony, a gaggle of geese flew by honking encouragement to each other. This is a sound that always brings me a melancholy kind of happiness but this morning, it was made even deeper by the completely unexpected nature of it. What a gift.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

P.s. ~ The A Minute In The Life project (see Lori over at "This Just In" ~ and I'm too lazy to link it right now, sorry) just took place. Here is the 2 o'clock picture I sent. I know, you're shocked. ;)

That and a buck fifty will still get you coffee.

6 comments:

Jaded said...

Holy crap. I graduated high school a billion years ago. I can't imagine that sort of whining because you didn't mention me on your blog. Unfreakinbelievable.

I will whine, however, that whilst you were in your cleaning frenzy that you didn't immediately jump in the Pobble Mobile, drive to NJ and spread the miracle. That deserves whining...lol.

Hope all is well with you and the babies. I'm about to take Jadette swimming at my parents' house.

christine mtm said...

personally, i think you should blog aboput me every day... wait... no i don't. you have too much dirt on me. ok... don't blog another word.

nRT said...

"* As I was just sitting out on my balcony, a gaggle of geese flew by honking encouragement to each other. This is a sound that always brings me a melancholy kind of happiness but this morning, it was made even deeper by the completely unexpected nature of it. What a gift."
I feel the same way about Loon's. There is something about their voice that makes me happy and peaceful.
Love the pic of your kids.

dondon009 said...

OMG.....

Have I told you lately that I love you?

This post just woke me up, made me laugh (I needed that) and made me go awwwwwwwww at the sight of the adorable two.

I love it when you get on the Pobble Pedestal, it gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling.

DON~

Anonymous said...

Hey Pobble, I have a post on The Goose Story, have you seen it before? It's all about encouraging from behind. Your gaggle of geese reminded me of it.

And I'm going to use that comment... if I don't post about some significant event in someone else's day... go write yer own and kwitcherbitchin!

LOL

Krystal said...

HEY! My geese comment didn't show. I repeat...

We live next to a wild life refuge and hear geese quite frequently. It's really cool to have them on our pond.

Our dogs like to try to catch them for dinner.