Pages

Monday, June 18, 2007

Washington Ramblings

* Snails are really cool little critters. Watching them is fascinating. They're even kinda cute. Slugs are just sluggy.

* It rains in Washington. A lot.

* I carry my fellow bloggers with me more than I'd realized. Watch spiders in a battle for the web? Spider Girl, of course. Watch Timber play his game: Wonder if this is one of the games Tai plays. Lunch at Jack in the Box: "Oh! That's the shake $$ dumped everywhere, bless his heart." Discuss living openly in VA: Michael in Norfolk seems to be making it work. Pass a child playing with her stuffed animal: Damn, what GNightGirl is doing is really amazing... You get the idea.

* Pierogies and french fries make a perfectly delicious meal at 2:30 in the morning.

* The weather channel shouldn't lie. When the weather channel lies, I end up dressed exactly the way I did in the mid-80s complete with satiny yoga pants, a silk tank top and a maroon blazer with the cuffs rolled back to expose the tan silk lining. All that was missing was an eyeliner design off my left eye.

* Starbucks liqueur with half and half is called a brown cow. Add Baileys to it and it becomes an Irish cow. At least in my house.

* Moving a bed two feet is easier than one believes it to be.

* When you only have one friend actually in the town where you live, it is helpful to have a flexible editor.

* Three people really can need four computers.

* The store Fred Meyers has everything ~ including clothes from this decade for when the weather channel lies.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee...on any street corner in the entire state of Washington, which is GREAT!

5 comments:

Hermes said...

The West coast is lovely and addictive. Be careful lest the rain and perogies get into your blood.
Enjoy.

Dreamer said...

I've never been to Washington and I've never imagined I'd go...no, I'm not going to washington L/A is close enough though, right?

Anonymous said...

Pobble, I hope you are enjoying your time in Washington state. I've only ever been once, and it was years ago, and I had to take a commuter plane from Vancouver to get down there.

Gledwood said...

I don't get where that metro map you use as your monika comes from then? Boston or Washington? I did notice there's only about 4 lines so it's nowhere the size of New York (or, for that matter London where I am ...) please put me out of my misery. It is late. My eyes are turning into screen-shaped cubes. Aaarkh!
L8rs,
gledwood
vol 2

kimber said...

I love slugs. I love snails, too, but slugs seem to be snails' down-to-earth, not-so-fussy cousins, and I appreciate that.

I've never been to Fred Meyers, but next time I visit your nation, I'll keep my eye open for them, to fulfill all my weather-channel wardrobe needs.

Washington = rain? Really? I wouldn't have thunk it.