Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2005

7 More Things, from The Lovely Cats

The Lovely Cats was instant messaging with me while I was instant messaging with a friend down in Texas. I kept him sane; she kept me sane. And she and I got to talking about how horrendous it must be to try and gather what you want to take with you if you have to evacuate. She blogged and then tagged me in instant message. So, not including clothing, documents, cash, meds, here are my seven...

1. Bear. This is my stuffed bear I have slept with most of my life. I have kicked men out of my bed for not wanting me to sleep with Bear.

2. My father's pictures. I have a series of three pictures of him and me together, on a cold, rainy Fourth of July with the Constitution doing her yearly turn-around in the background.

3. My Papa's picture. This is my grandfather, my father's father. It's one of him as a young man, in WWII. He's laughing and all is well in his world.

4. My manuscripts, hard copies and discs.

5. L. Bo Peb and Lame. This is the title of a drawing made by my oldest nephew. He is my heart. It is a sharpie drawing of Little Bo Peep and a lamb. And in his, then, five year old, wisdom, it became L. Bo Peb and Lame.

And that's it. Of course, I can stretch the list to seven. Couldn't we all? I mean, I own stuff I want. And, if someone said, "Leave now" these are the 5 things I would stop for ~ and nothing else. This was an interesting exercise. And I pray God that it never becomes reality.

At this moment, Brandon and his momma are scheduled to leave the coast about 5 a.m. The Duck, the hubby, and the critters are (I believe) already out. The Butler is on his way out. But Pete and Jack and so many others are staying. Be safe.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

0 comments: