Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The PTs

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She did it! She sold my book! Friend/Agent/Editor Extrordinaire has a binding, verbal agreement with two different publishing companies for not one, not two, but THREE books! THREE BOOKS!

The first is a nonfiction. It's work for hire, nothing exciting about EXCEPT THAT IT'S MY FIRST PUBLISHED BOOK!

The second two... Wow. The one that is finished is about a cop and a journalist. Back when my dad died, I was so lost and in such pain. I was talking to a friend about needing something, anything and she said "Write me a romance novel. Make me the heroine. Oh, and I want a cross between George Clooney and Bill Pullman to fall in love with me." So I did. And seven years later, I lived in the right building and met the FAEE. And here we are.

The second one ~ that's honestly a little scary. They want to sign two books but, um, I don't have two books written. Guess what? I can get a second book written! It took me about an hour to get an outline. You want two books? Damn right I can write a second one.

So who the hell are the two PTs???? They are both my grandmother. Her maiden name and her married name. And now, they are my names as well. Nonfiction gets written under PT Shank, her married name. Fiction under her maiden name, which is also abbreviated PT. So, look for them in '06 and '07. I guarantee they're good reading!

OH MY GOD! (Insert Bouncy Pobble doing the Happy Dance here)

Those are exciting-over-the-moon-can't-sit-still-think-I'm-gonna-hyperventilate Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee. Which is on me, today!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful of your foot...you don't want to rebrake the darn thing doing the happy dance. I suggest you do the one-footed happy dance instead--we'll call it the "One-Footed Pobble Hop." It will be the latest dance craze as soon as you're a published author. :-)

Jaded said...

That is fan-freakin-tastic news. CONGRATS!!!!!!

Does this multi-book deal mean you'll be able to stay in Boston after all?

YAY!!! yay yay yay yay yay!!

The Pobble ROCKS!!

the word verification for THIS post is gogur...sounds a whole lot like GO GIRL to me. So, YOU GO GIRL!!

(I don't know why I'm fascinated by the word verification. Just seems prophetic sometimes)

christine mtm said...

can i say it again?

YIPPEE!!!

dondon009 said...

OMG this is like the most wonderful news! Congratulations... I almost know someone soon to be famous!
When you see that tall, dark and handsome young hunk of burning love standing in line waiting to get a signed copy...... it won't be me. I'll be the old dude standing behind him, trying to pinch his ass! Once again... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Nemeria said...

Go Pobble! Get busy. Go Pobble! Get Busy! Woohoo!!!!! I'm so proud of you and I'm doing a happy dance and in my chair and Isabella is freaking out 'coz she thinks I'm going to start playing with her. And your Dad is smiling down at you and bragging "That's my girl!"

dondon009 said...

I've made a journal entry regarding this fantastic news.... I hope it meets with your approval!
I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Your father is proud, indeed. You know he would be beside you at every book signing telling everyone, "That's my daughter...." I can almost see him smiling.

Don't forget about us little folks in VA on your book tour. We have a Barnes & Noble in Lybg now, too, ya know.

So proud, so happy...so proud to call you Friend.

Much Love--
Cin

Blogzie said...

I just love it when good things happen to good people.

Since so many of us are repressed writers, you are now a heroine in bloggerville.

Well Done!

sttropezbutler said...

Congrats!

STB