Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Pobble and the Break, Take 2

I have a broken foot. WTF!!! On the way up the stairs while being the Writer in the Basement, I tripped. Fell up the stairs. Coffee, books, papers, and the Pobble went flying. Now, I fall up their stairs once a visit. If I'm there a weekend or a week, it doesn't matter. I fall up the stairs. But this time...

This time, apparently, I broke one of those little bones in the top of my foot. And there's not really a damn thing that anyone can do about it. I have to keep it wrapped, keep it elevated, and stay off it. She looks at me and says "stay off it until Monday."

"Until Monday"...??? But I have places to go and people to visit and an apartment to clean and, and, and... And I get to spend the next three days hopping between my couch and my bed. We are Not amused.

Okay, We are. Falling up the stairs is amusing. But not having to stay off my foot when I'm busy dammit. Ah, Life as Pobble...

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

7 comments:

christine mtm said...

do what the dr says. sorry i can't be there to take care of you

Jaded said...

Been there, done that. Seriously. Only I had a show to do (Nunsense) and they wouldn't let me out of my contract because apparently breaking my foot on THEIR stage was not an act of God, which was the only escape clause in the contract. They had to write the foot into the show, and I had to have it taped before each performance. I used a cane on stage, which worked fine as a prop, but damn, my foot hurt like hell.

My knee hurts. Bad. So I am feelin' ya on the foot issue. Just prop yourself up on some diva pillows and rest for a few days. And order lots of take-out to be delivered.

CrackerLilo said...

Falling *up* the stairs! That takes some talent! :-) *hug*

Take advantage of the time to relax, recline, and do jack shit. If you can be waited on, even better!

dondon009 said...

OMG you poor baby! I fell up the stairs once. I was a young man arriving home quietly not to wake the folks because I was drunk. I fell and looked up and saw my father glaring down at me. I remember "the look".
By all means follow your doctors orders and stay off that foot, and from now on, no 6 inch spikes... wear sensible shoes dammit! Oh, and feel better soon...

BostonPobble said...

Don, if I'd been wearing my six inch spikes, I wouldn't have fallen. THOSE I can walk in. ;) And yes, I'm staying off the foot ~ more or less. Thanks for all the support!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you broke your foot bone. That's really all I can say about that without laughing...not in cruel way, I know you understand what I mean...
Thanks again for the call. Love & miss you.

Cin

Blue Dog Art said...

Ouch! Hope you are back on your feet(foot) soon. Sounds like a Netflix weekend for you. Thanks for the comments on my blog.