Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Selfish Pobble

Rita shifted. Louisiana is getting its butt kicked ~ again. And I care. I really do. My heart breaks for them and my prayers and energies surround them. And yet...the bitch shifted. My Dear One, my friends, their loved ones, are safe. And I am just selfish enough to be grateful.

It has been an exhausting several days for them and for those of us who love them. And they are safe. I am working on rescheduling my visit. Because that is more important even than it was. I want to see my Dear One. I want to get my arms around him. Now, yes, for the record, I do indeed still have that horribly inappropriate crush on him, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I want to hold on to him, feel him and Know for myself that he is alive and well. Weep a little on his shoulder. Keep him close enough that I can reach out and touch him when I need to. See him, feel him, smell his hair, hold his hand, let him rest his head on my shoulder and rest mine on his.

These last few days, I have come to love him. I'm not In Love with him ~ dear Lord, he's 20. I just...love him. I want him to get his life back. I want his girlfriend to get back home so that he can stop worrying about her. I want him to be able to put the house back together. I want him to get back to work, to turn off his instant messenger, go on dates, make his movies, hang with his best friends.

And he can do all those things very, very soon. Because the bitch shifted. And I'm just selfish enough for that to be what matters to me most. So, now, I'm going to bed.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee ~ or great Texas iced tea.

1 comments:

dondon009 said...

Although Rita shifted into the area I love the most, I don't think you are being selfish at all. You're loving and caring, in the same way that I was praying Rita would just go anywhere but New Orleans again. I have several friends at work who had brothers and sisters living in the Galveston/Houston areas. Their anguish broke my heart. I was concerned for your dear one, as well as STP! God bless people who love, people who care. PEACE~