Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2005

What Am I Doing?

It's 2:30 in the morning. I've had a long day. I spent a lot of time keeping a friend calm and feeling safe and loved. I have helped decorate a room I have never even seen. I have gotten some really good work done. I'm tired and ready to sleep. But what am I doing? I'm blogging. Writing is my addiction. So is thinking. And, with all this mess recently, there has been a lot to think about.

Tonight, I've spent a lot of time thinking about my blessings. And Goddess be thanked, I am blessed.

I have amazing friends.
I have a Gift and someone who recognized it.
I have a profession I love.
I have a family.
I have a roof over my head, food to eat, and air conditioning.
I have potential.
I have self-love and self-worth.
I have joy in my life that outweighs the sorrow.
I have a faith that is strong and can see me through the times when the sorrow outweighs the joy and makes the joy that much better.
I have the love and loyalty and respect of truly, truly good people.
I have The Plan.
I have dreams and goals.
I have a sharp mind, sharp wit, and sharp tongue.
I have compassion and mercy within me.
I have boundaries that keep me from being a doormat.
I have the ability to make glorious, breathtakingly spectacular mistakes.
I have the wisdom to learn from them.
I have comfort in my own skin.
I have the things I need and more.

And, here, at 2:30 in the morning, I am so aware of these blessings ~ and so many more that I won't list or I won't sleep. I wish them for all peoples, everywhere. They are the blessings of a good life and they don't tie into what we deserve. We don't always get what we deserve. That's why they are blessings.

I know that, earlier this evening, I could have given you a list of all the sorrows I know of and it would have seemed like a perfectly logical post. And I can still give you that list. I just prefer this one. It strikes me as more important these days to remember what I do have, rather than dwelling on what I don't.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

1 comments:

Jaded said...

You are truly blessed, and truly an inspiration. I'm thankful our paths have crossed.