Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

And Away We Go...

Tah-Dah! The first post of the 30 Day Post Challenge. And I cannot think of a damn thing to write. Don't it figure?

The visit with my mother was good. Probably the best visit we've had in a very long time, honestly. Over the last few years, I have (kicking and screaming) accepted the shifts in our relationship and the limitations therein. She hadn't quite gotten it yet. There continued to be issues forced and asides that made it very clear she was upset with the fact that there had actually been consequences to her actions.

That changed this visit. This visit, she seemed as accepting of the new dynamic as I have been able to become. So, when she said that I would probably not ever come to Tahoe for the holidays, it was a statement of fact that was appropriate to the conversation ~ not a dig trying to make me feel guilty.

It's nice to be finding our way again. It's also nice to have my apartment to myself again. Think I'll go take my bath. :)

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

6 comments:

Rose said...

That's great to hear that your visit with your mother went well.

nRT said...

my relationship with my mother changed 5 years before she passed, because of my troubled sister. my mother was an enabler and I refused to play the game.
Any who, when my mother got sick and we knew she only had 6-12 months to live, all of the problems we had went out the window.
I was lucky enough to get our relationship back on a healthy track.
I hope the same for you. I think everyone needs there mother but on healthy terms.
good luck with the 30 days of blogging.
I will keep reading

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't chat last night. I was sitting at the piano when I heard the "ping," at which point I realized I was signed on. I had no idea.

Hope we'll catch up soon!
xoxox

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

So if you post every day for 30 days does that make you the blogger "poster girl"...

dondon009 said...

Welcome back, my dear.... and I of course have met your challenge!

It seems that your mother's visit went better than expected and that is good news.

The three day rule - my mother loves to say that when I visit, I have a "three day rule". In other words, I can only handle living in a village of less than 50 families for a maximum of 3 days, after which I need sedatives.... many sedatives. My family fully understands this and it doesn't lessen the love we have for each other..... it's now become a joke of sorts which is just fine with me. On the flight home, I'm sure the airline personnel look over at me and think "why is this man smiling?"

DON~

Anonymous said...

glad to hear the visit with your mother went well...I held my breath when you mentioned your mother was coming into town.