Pages

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Not So Gentle Reminder

...to my US readers:

VOTE!

If you are pleased with the way the government is being run and the current makeup of the Congress, this is an important election because there are a lot of people who aren't and who will be voting to change it out.

If you are displeased with the way the government is being run and the current makeup of Congress, this is an important election because you have a chance to change it out.

Whichever side you choose, VOTE. And if you don't vote, please keep your damn mouth shut when you don't like the way it all falls out in the end.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee. The right to vote cost a hell of a lot more.

4 comments:

Aisha T. said...

Good lord! Either great minds think alike or we're the same person under different blog names. *chuckle* Totally get your comment now. No chance you got an Indian father, is there?

P.S. I have no idea who the anonymous commenter is on my site but, it made me laugh so i kept it up. I'll most likely take it down when I write another entry.

Jaded said...

Two things on the agenda today...

1. Have emergency root canal
2. Vote

Did 'em both.

Blue Dog Art said...

Hello dear Pobble! Rest assured, I did my civic duty today. Although, I'm getting damned tired of voting against people. I'd really like to be able to vote FOR someone. The best part about voting is the high school band kids selling Krispy Kreme donuts outside the polling place. Yum! They are impossible to resist. I bought a box and took it to work.

Anonymous said...

Even IF...and that's a big IF...I didn't for some reason want to vote, do you really think the pookster would let me get out of my civic duty to vote? Not to mention the squee child, they at least are getting something right at her schools. They start early getting the children to remind their parents to vote. She goes with us, right into the booth so she gets used to the concept. I know it's supposed to be a secret vote, but who is she really going to tell.