Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Evolution

When I was very young, snide sexual asides from men intimidated me. As I got older, they just made me laugh. Yesterday, when I thought I heard something sexually derogatory whispered behind me after I had spoken a very polite "Excuse me, please", I had a very different reaction. At 37, I wanted to turn on them and say "Who the hell are you to try to intimidate or objectify me that way?!!? Does your mother know that's how you treat women? Are you that intimidated by a vagina?!!?" Had I been 100% sure what I had heard, I would have.

Girl Power my ass. Don't fuck with women.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

2 comments:

Graziella said...

I can identify with that, in a different way. My coworker, trainer and boss are all male, and every now and again they will say something that they wouldn't say to a man. And well, not sure what to do with it. It's not specifically derogatory, but it's something they wouldn't say to a man.

Anonymous said...

Just stoppin' by to say hi tonight. Thanks for being your wonderful self.