Pages

Friday, May 25, 2007

Ramblings for the Weekend

1. Yes, M&Ms have colors. :) And I always eat them brown, yellow, green, red or blue depending, red or blue (whichever is left), orange. What does the red/blue decision depend upon? I have no idea. Oh, and I prefer the peanut ones.

2. I took one of those computer proficiency tests today. My numeric keystroke score is over 4700 keystrokes per hour with a 1% error rate. My alpha-numeric keystroke score is over 4800 ksph with a 0% error rate. Yeah. That's a zero. And I type 57 words per minute, also with a 1% error rate. I'm pretty pleased with myself, I admit it.

3. Having someone in your home only to discover they were once a package handler for the Boston mafia in the Whitey era can be far more amusing than one might originally think.

4. Monday, the babies were so cold and shivering so badly, I turned the heat on. Today the temperature is 85. Why do I live here? Oh, right. It's New England. :)

5. Just when you think having been married to a Green Beret for over 10 years means you can no longer be shocked by your partner's work stories, there comes a story about an alligator trying to bite a helicopter.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

5 comments:

nRT said...

PB: i am so glad I found your's and don's blog. You two are cut from the same cloth....honest and sincere.
thanks for including me
Peace and love
nancy

dondon009 said...

Well my dear.... an alligator trying to bite a helicopter? Would that be the Lithus version of "the dog ate my homework" for not emailing you yesterday?

I love you and I love Nancy's comment! Made my day.... but, are we really honest and sincere?

Why can't I just be a bad boy, dammit!

DON~

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

Now that I've heard that there is a proper order to eating m&m's (yes the peanut ones are better) I don't feel so bad about having my coffee mugs hung in a certain order on my cup tree...

BostonPobble said...

Nancy ~ You're welcome. And thank you as well for sharing.

Don ~ Lithus is exempt from having to email me as he is currently flying over your fair (and hot and muggy) state trying to put out the fires near Tallahassee. He calls, however, which keeps him in my good graces. As for honest and sincere, well, I'm only as honest as I have to be and you know what they say, once you can fake sincerity, you can fake anything!

Dagoth ~ You're back! Yay! And having one's mugs arranged correctly is Even More important than the order in which the M&Ms are eaten ~ which says quite a bit considering.

christine mtm said...

has he been watching lake placid again? oh wait... that was a crocodile trying to eat a helicopter.