Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2007

One of THOSE Moments

As I was sitting at a red light, windows of the Pobble Mobile down, bopping along to my favorite radio station, the opening rift of the Dropkick Murphy's song "Shipping Off to Boston" came on. Before I could reach down to turn up my stereo, the stereo in the car next to me was turned up ~ and playing Shipping Off to Boston. So I turned up my stereo and the other driver and I grinned at each other. At which point, the driver behind him turned her radio (which was already up) from a pop station to...Shipping Off to Boston by the Dropkick Murphys on WBCN. And the three of us sat at the light, basking in the warmth of the day, the beat of a great song and the luck of being Bostonians.






Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

2 comments:

Dreamer said...

Just you wait till I get the upgrade on my cellphone...much fun will be had...

dondon009 said...

I've never heard of Dropkick Murphy nor have I heard the song "Shipping off to Boston", but rest assured that in the 16 years since I've lived in Florida, (coming from Boston)there have been many days when I wished I could be "Shipping off to Boston".

I will never "not miss Boston"!

DON~