Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

From Wolfgrrrl (a reposting)

I am reposting this because it has gotten a bit lost between the Sunday Poll Question and Jerry Falwell's death. Wolfgrrrl worked hard to come up with these questions and I want to make sure she gets the credit she deserves for them. Therefore, a rare re-posting.

Wolfgrrl gave me five questions to answer. The assignment is to answer the questions and then offer to give anyone who wants to play five different questions to answer. So, if you want in, let me know and I'll send you questions (she has warned me that this is the most difficult part!) And here we go...

1. If you were to host a dinner party, with seven guests from any place in human history, who would you invite and why? You're also responsible for starting the conversation, so what would you say to break the ice and get them chatting?

John Adams, William Shakespeare, Jesus, Nelson Mandela, the Lovely Cats, my friend Jim, and appsrus. Trust me, you want in on this dinner party. Why? Because I imagine having these minds together in one place will be amazing. Just about everything is covered here. Philospohy, politics, religion, human rights, the arts, the military, the law... Of the current people living, the only one you have no exposure to is my friend, Jim. His background is military, government, law and theatre (no shit.) Breaking the ice wouldn't be necessary. The Lovely Cats and appsrus have the uncanny and enviable (enviable to me, anyway) of being able to talk to anyone about anything and make everyone feel comfortable doing so. Really, all I would have to do is turn the table over to them. HOWEVER! That's not part of the game. Therefore, to break the ice, I would ask "So, seriously, who wrote what, you guys?" (and a quick note: If I were given the opportunity to have eight people around the table, the 8th would be my mother.)

2. A perfect day in the life of Boston Pobble must contain what three elements?

a) Really good coffee, sipped out under the sun or snuggled up by the fire, depending on season
b) Sleeping as late as I want and staying up until the wee hours of the morning
c) An adventure with friends (which must include but not necessarily be limited to the Lovely Cats and the Divine M if it is to be a truly perfect day.)

3. If you could trade one skill you currently have for a fantastic super power of your choice, what would you give up, and what would you choose to take it's place?

I would give up my hearing ~ which is a bit of a cheat because I'm already losing it so have gotten used to the idea. In return though, I would love to be able to tap into people's emotions and feelings. Not read minds or know what people are thinking. Just know what they are feeling at the time. For this to be desirable, however, I would want the ability to turn it off when I wanted, too.

4. In your opinion, what is the absolute best thing about living in your city? Give us a reason to be really envious!

There is something to do for everyone. There is a nightlife for college kids. There is a nightlife for older people. There are museums and restaurants and coffee shops and 24-hour diners. There are rock clubs and sports arenas and even Big Band. No matter what your age, what you like to do, you really can find it in Worcester. Who knew?????

5. In one of your previous posts, you mentioned letter writing and its beauty, importance and artistry. If you had a pen pal as a child, where were they from and how long did you correspond with them? If you didn't have a pen pal, who would you have choosen to write to, during your childhood?

I grew up writing to Mama Bear, my grandmother. She always wanted to know about everything ~ school, boys, my plays, my family ~ everything. And she always wrote me back. Sometimes it was to offer advice. Sometimes it was family stuff. Sometimes it was just her day. We were penpals until she got too old to write me back ~ but I still wrote her once a week until she died about two and a half years ago.

If you want questions, let me know. Otherwise...

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

2 comments:

Jaded said...

Ok...ask me some questions!

kimber said...

Lovely answers, BP.... yes, I do believe I want in on that dinner party. :)