Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Letter Project

For years now, I have lamented the decline of letter writing. Every so often, Nemeria and I will pledge to write to each other, via post, on a regular basis. That pledge inevitably goes by the wayside. However, every so often, we renew it, which gives me hope in this day and age of email and instant messaging. I even keep stationery for the rare occasions I write a letter. Truth be told, writing the letter is rarely the problem. It's getting it in the mail. As usual, I digress... When I can afford them, I do pretty well with cards. Still, as great as cards are, they aren't the same as getting a real, honest-to-goodness letter in the mail.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Check this guy out:

  • The Letter Project
  • How much do I wish I had thought of this??????? And yes, I plan on sending him stamps ~ after Monday when the rates go up, because how much would it suck to send him stamps he can't use? If you want a letter, now you know where to go. And, between us in our little world, if you would like a letter for yourself or someone else from me, let me know. I'll write it! With happiness! And gratitude, 'cause I do love writing letters. They will even make into the mailbox. ;) Since you all know how I feel about confidentiality rest easy that I will keep addresses and real names to my damn self.

    So as to not steal his thunder, this will be the only mention of my willingness to write letters (although, Goddess, it's a good idea and I would love to take it on!) His project, however, will stay linked over there where the rest of them are.

    Those are Pobble Thoughts ~ with a little help from a guy named Frank. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

    2 comments:

    nRT said...

    What a great idea. When my kids were your I 'made' them write their own thank you notes for gifts.
    Now fast forward my kids still write thank you...and i still keep the thank you cards in the desk draw.
    It's a lost practice and I'm glad you informed me about'the letter project'.
    I will send him some stamps too.
    thanks for the info

    Krystal said...

    Okay, that's cool.

    I wonder how many requests he's had.