Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

22 Years Ago






It was 1985...

I was 15...

Nemeria and I had already been friends for five years...

The Lovely Cats and I had only met once...

Reagan was president...

I was in love with D, the one who got away...

The Berlin Wall stood...

The AIDS epidemic was raging...

Madonna was hot...

Duran Duran was hotter...

Michael J. Fox was on my walls and Jeremy Irons was in my locker...





...and my Dear One was born. Thank the Goddess.



Happy Birthday and Blessed be.

















Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

6 comments:

Nemeria said...

I'm going to see Duran Duran in concert in three weeks! :-) I'll let you know if they are still as hot as they were 22 years ago...

Anonymous said...

1985? I was 20! Oy.

2 Dollar Productions said...

I like this idea of back-dating (sp?/is this a word?).

And "Secret of my Success" is a classic Michael J. Fox movie.

Jaded said...

1985...

I had just finished my first year of college.

I was 19.

I had a hairstyle matching one of the guys on my Duran Duran poster, complete with blonde bangs and all. I looked much like a skunk, but at the time, I thought it was cool.

I had 5 piercings in my right ear and wore an earring in each one of 'em.

What the heck was I thinking?!

christine mtm said...

happy birthday dear one!

nemeria, i saw them about 10 years ago and it was the best concert i had ever been to... yes, really... ok maybe U2 was better.

Dreamer said...

1985...I was just a small idea my mom was hoping to convice my dad with...