Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Drama?

Here's the thing ~ I really have no use for drama. Especially not melodrama. As I was telling a friend last week, I got over that need about 10 years ago. Life is dramatic enough without us adding to it. Mind you, I can tell a story dramatically. I can have you laughing or crying or on the edge of your seat. Give me a simple exchange and I can tell it like it was the shootout at the O.K. Corral or the end of Casablanca. But I don't need drama in my life. That being said...

Last night, I'm on the phone with another friend of mine and the conversation went something like this:

Friend: So I gave him my email, he kinda smiled and walked away.
Me: So what happened?
Friend: Ummm...I gave him my email, he kinda smiled and walked away...


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, no, no!!!!!!!! I've been following your flirtation with this guy all summer. I've been encouraging you, cajoling and cheerleading you to give this guy your email. What did you say? What did he say? Was there The Look? Did he give you his email in return? Did you get the feeling you might hear from him? Give me something, here.

My friend and I are both known for not being terribly girly. We don't fit the typical girly-girl type. We communicate more like guys. We think more like guys. We deal with emotions more like guys. But come on already! Because I really get not wanting the drama. But maybe a few dramatics wouldn't hurt, just this once.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

6 comments:

Jaded said...

That has nothing to do with drama...that's girl code, plain and simple. You don't have to be ultra girly, either, it's just built into you DNA. She's been flirting and she acted on it? Details must be given, period. That's the law, dammit.

BostonPobble said...

Jaded ~ THANK YOU! I'm so glad someone understands.

Hermes said...

What does that mean, "think like men... handle emotions like men"? I'm still trying to figure out how I'm expected to perform according to my gender! Are you saying you have it figured out? Spill!

BostonPobble said...

GOML! ~ Sorry to say, I don't know shit about it and am only going on what the studies say: women = emotional; men = logical. I do promise that if I ever figure it out, I'll let you know...just do the same for me!

Graziella said...

hehehe I know it's girly, but man, when I'm so tickled about something that Brit has done or whatever, I'm so giddy I just HAVE to share it with someone that I KNOW will appreciate it too.

She should have spilled. Plan and simple. But hey, some people don't do that. It took Remy the entire month of July to finally tell me about her 4th of July fling...

BostonPobble said...

Graziella ~ yeah, but there were other things going on with Remy. ;)