Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pobble Thinkings

Half-way between Pooh's house and Piglet's house was a Thoughtful Spot where they met sometimes when they had decided to go and see each other, and as it was warm and out of the wind they would sit down there for a little and wonder what they would do now that they had seen each other. ~ The House at Pooh Corner, A.A. Milne



I am honored. I am touched. I am confused. Michael (in Norfolk) has nominated me and my Pobble Thoughts as a "Thinking Blog."





I am honored because one likes to think one's thoughts and words are not totally without merit. I am touched because he said some really nice things about me and, since we don't know each other outside of cyberspace and haven't known each other here very long, I can't imagine he felt obligated. I am confused because, quite frankly, I don't consider this a thinky blog (as Lori over GNightGirl put it when she was nominated ~ and damn whoever got to her first because she would've been one of mine!) I am as likely to post one of those silly online quizzes and use double negatives as I am to write about my thoughts on great issues. And yet...here we are.



So, Michael, thank you. Very much. For the honor. For the touching moment. And yes, for the confusion. Because confusion is good for us every now and then.



Here are the rules...

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote


So without further ado, my nominess ~

* Get Off My Lawn over at, well,
Get Off My Lawn! He is insightful, challenging, good-naturedly curmudgeonly, and an overall good read. He stumbled into my corner of the world and I continue to be grateful.

* Rose at
Lessons Learned She shares her struggles with youth, inner cities, family, society and life in general eloquently and with grace.

* Jaded at
Is Anybody There? Honestly, she doesn't post as often as she used to. But when she does, she will make you think. She will make you challenge and defend your own opinions to yourself. "Commitment Abby - commitment! There are only two creatures of value on the face of this earth: those with a commitment, and those who require the commitment of others." She is a creature of value ~ and insists the rest of us be, as well.

*The Lovely Cats at Finding Avalon My phone rang last night. Part of the conversation went something like this:
Him: Michael in Norfolk has nominated both of us for Thinking Blogs.
Me: Really??!? OMG, how cool! I'm so touched!
Him: I know! Me too. We have to nominate others.
Me: Right.
Him: I left you Cats but I took Cracker Lilo.
Me:
That seems fair. So long as they both get nominated and we each get one.
Him: But you always get Cats.
Me: Well, yes.
However, I'm not nominating the Lovely Cats because she was left for me. I'm nominating her because she deserves it. Why else would there have needed to be negotiation?

* And Dagoth at
Dagoth's Domain He has a gentle view of the world that is truly lovely and always reminds me to look around a little more closely, a little differently.

There you have it. Five of my favorite thinkers. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.





Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

(standing ovation)

And a well-deserved award it is too!

(I still think it's a pain that you can only choose 5... I dawdled about before I finally picked 5, and I could have easily picked 25)

Way to go pobble... your place is always on my daily visit list... and thanks to you, I have 5 more places to visit :)

CrackerLilo said...

Awwww, thank you!!!! For this, and for your blind faith in my choice of NASCAR driver, too. ;-)

I'm pleased to even be considered among such company. But you took two of mine, if I do the tag! And Michael in Norfolk took another one (that's you!) Oh, well. I really did want to talk about Tai Shan and the race and Hello Kitty trapped behind the fridge.

Congratulations to a fellow award-winner.

Oh, and the Pooh graphic is just precious.

nRT said...

Congrats to you and your blog. Your blog is a 'thinker' blog.
You bring up so many good and powerful topics...
good luck...being nominated is winning to me.
Congrats

2 Dollar Productions said...

Congrats on the nomination, and you're right about confusion being a very good things on occassion. It was probably the Sunday Polls that pushed you over the top. Ha.

SenorGeek said...

Knowing you as I do it's not that surprising to see this nomination appear, congratulations. Though time is long and space is deep, every thought you share is ours to keep. (it's too early in the morning)

I know you'll keep us coming back to read more ...

christine mtm said...

and i have absolutely no thoughts right now... my mind is completely blank...

can i nominate you again?

dondon009 said...

Congratulations, my dear....

What a pleasure it is/was sharing the "red carpet" with you!

I love you dear~

DON

Dagoth said...

Hi Pobble

That's so sweet of you, thank you very much. I completely understand why you blog was nominated but didn't you mean to nominate mine for the "what were you thinking?" award...;)

Hermes said...

Congratulations Pobble. Well deserved! Thank you for the mention. I think I blushed a little.