Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2007

It Wasn't Him

Thank you to everyone who has been in touch regarding the pilot who was killed fighting the California fires earlier this week. Your concern for Lithus and for me is very appreciated and will be passed on to him.

He is fine. Thank the Goddess.

But someone else wasn't. And someone else ~ a partner, a parent, a friend ~ did not receive their hey, I'm back at the hotel and exhausted phone call that they were waiting for. Instead, they got a very different phone call.

But it wasn't me. And it wasn't Lithus. And it wasn't any of his friends.

Thank you for you concerns.

Those are grateful Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

Addendum: I have just gotten off the phone with Lithus this evening. Apparently, another helicopter went down today. We don't know the status of the pilot yet. Still, this one wasn't Lithus, either. TTG.

8 comments:

Jaded said...

Like I said, I'm a worrier. I can't help it! Thank God Lithius is fine, and the one who didn't turn out to be fine is in my prayers. (thanks for the other info too...now I'll know what to look for)

Rose said...

Glad that it wasn't Lithius but hate that someone else is gone. Many prayers to all the men and women who are fighting to help save people lives in one way or another.

ZooooM said...

Wow. Hadn't even heard about that and it's in my own State! I'm relieved you guys are ok. I'm sad that others are not.

Anonymous said...

Since I avoid the news like the plague, I had no idea this happened. So, I'll simply say I'm glad he is ok. I'm sad for the person who is gone and their family too. Peace.

BostonPobble said...

Jaded ~ No worries. Or something like that. ;)

Rose ~ It does create that mixed feeling: SO relieved it wasn't Lithus; SO incredibly sad for the family of the pilot. *sigh*

Zoom ~ I get lots of info regarding MA from other people all the time. You're not alone.

Traci ~ I, too, avoid the news. Thus the response above to Zooom.

CrackerLilo said...

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier (haven't read anyone's blogs lately), but I'm extremely glad it wasn't Lithius. *hug*

BostonPobble said...

Cracker Lilo ~ No worries that you didn't see this sooner. Afterall, it wasn't him and there was never any question in *my* mind about it because I have the details about where he was. I'd've sent up the Bloglight if it had been bad. ;)

dondon009 said...

I also shared the fears of your many friends my dear..... and thankfully Lithus is fine; although families are out there in grief for the loss of loved ones.

What Lithus is doing is truly wonderful and commendable and it's an honor to count his dear one as a friend!

You are always in my thoughts and apologies for not having written sooner.

I was so absorbed in trying to get Daisy back on track, I temporarily lost the ability to work, think, read, write or comment. We return to the vet for the 4th time in one week, today.

I love you, dear.....

DON~