Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks

On Thanksgiving Day, I find myself thinking about my family, both the ones I'm related to, and the ones I'm not. I'm a lucky, blessed woman.

Today, I've been in touch with a woman I've known for 35 years. Thirty-five years. And another I've known for thirty.

I've chatted with two friends who had cancer scares this year ~ one turned out benign, the other didn't, but her tumor was the best possible of the bad diagnoses. But they are both right here, to be chatted with.

My Heart is spending his first holiday with his new family ~ Listener's folks. That dawned on me today. We make a big deal out of the fact that she is now a part of our family, but that means that he is part of hers, as well. 

Listener. She is such a blessing to me, already. What an amazing young woman. I can't wait to get to know her better, and watch her grow.

My mom. For most of my life, our relationship has been...complex. It's leveled out over the last 7 or 8, but when I remember growing up ~ complex. Except for Thanksgivings. My memories of my mother on Thanksgiving aren't the least bit complex, or complicated, or convoluted. They are simply wonderful. Talking. Planning. Cooking, Cleaning. Sharing. Teaching. Learning. Hanging out at the kitchen sink, the kitchen counter, the kitchen table... And always joyous.

Crow, BIL, and the Little Ones. We are more a part of their lives right now than ever before ~ and I love it.

AppsRUs, who is present at every holiday meal ~ and several others ~ now, thanks to my little pot. Dr. B., Lori, M-O-M, the Divine M...

The list goes on and on, too many to list, too many to even begin to enumerate, until I end where I should have begun, with Lithus. My dear Lithus.

Money is great. I've had it, and I haven't had it, and I'll take having it any time. Living in a cool city is great, but it's not the be-all, end-all. But the people in my life? They are my blessings. They are my thanks giving.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.


0 comments: