Pages

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

I Voted!

I am a passionate voter. In presidential years, I'm rabid. In midterm years, I'm passionate. So, this morning, Lithus and I got up, got showered, and headed to my voting place.

There was a bit of a line, but not much of one. The system worked well for the 2 dozen or so of us. If they ended up with a crazy long line once people got off work, I could see it being a bit miserable. But early in the day? It worked.

There was a very old man in a wheelchair. There were a couple kids who looked like this was probably their first election. It definitely wasn't their third. We all helped each other, and the people running the polling place, and came together in a picture perfect form of what democracy can be.

Here's the thing ~ Louisiana is a state that is being watched closely. Many pundits are predicting a runoff. Have I loved Mary Landrieu as a senator? Honestly, no. But is she better than her opponent? In so many ways. And yet so many people from Louisiana are expected to vote against their best interests that we could be facing a runoff.

You damn well better believe I'll vote then, too. In a picture perfect form of what democracy can be.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee (that your Canadian partner buys for you while you stand in line to vote).



0 comments: