Pages

Friday, February 24, 2006

5 Things I Didn't Say

1. Now?!!? You're telling me this now??!!! What the fuck is wrong with you?

2. You're not sick. You're abused. Everyone knows it but you. Wake the fuck up. Don't go to yet another doctor. Go to an attorney.

3. Get your ass into therapy already.

4. Yes, I'm fucking scared. And I'm going to be okay. The two things aren't mutually exclusive, asshole. Maybe if you would let yourself feel you'd be able to realize that.

5. You can't even speak a complete sentence or hold down a job longer than six weeks. What in God's name makes you think you can write a book?

The odds are good that if you are reading this blog, you are not the intended recepient of any of these comments.

And thank God for my blog.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

8 comments:

Rose said...

I betcha you can really hold yourself down in any argument. Those are too funny!

Jaded said...

#3 is something I wish I could say at least once a week, if not more. It's usually followed by the thought "3 words...Thorazine Big-Gulp."

#4...good for you. Same thoughts when I started a business. Same thoughts when I decided to be (gulp) an actor/singer for a living. If you follow your passion, you will be rewarded, both financially and spiritually. I believe we're all given choices and paths to follow. When we choose the right one, no matter how difficult or frightening it might seem, we will be provided for. You are SO on the right path, which you know.

And thank God for you.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I like #4.

So, Pobs, looking back, do you WISH you'd said these things?

I only wonder because I've recently walked away holding my toungue with a friend, feeling that popping off is not necessary for me, and would do no good anyway...

BostonPobble said...

Rose ~ Yeah, I'm pretty good in an argument. Luckily, I know when *not* to pull out the big guns.

Traci ~ We are a lot alike in many ways, aren't we?

Jaded ~ You, too, my friend.

Gnightgirl ~ I don't wish I had said these things, actually. None of them would have been productive in the situation and some (#2 especially) could have caused real damage. And anyway, there are other, more diplomatic ways of saying all this. Those things, I did say. Just dropped the "tact door" down first. You, lucky reader, you, get the unedited version. ;)

dondon009 said...

I would have to agree with Ruben on this one. Sometimes, I just don't know when to hold my tongue and have lost a few friends along the way. Sometimes the truth hurts and people just don't want to hear it.

As for Number 3..... your kind words and advice have somehow kept me out of therapy!

Anonymous said...

"I know who #5 is for, I know who #5 is for...la la la la la la"....
too funny. I've thot some of those things toward different folks before...but never had the guts to say them. I have a strange feeling that is all gonna change in my old age...

The One

Tai said...

Hey, I think those are some of the same things I never said, too!

CrackerLilo said...

Probably best you only said them here. Sorry you had to think them.