Pages

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Odds and Ends

I couldn't do it. See, I had decided to take four days off from writing. No work, no writing, no blogging for four days. Thursday - Sunday. I made it two. And here were are with some pointless stuff that feels so damn good to write. :)

Size 16. That's the size jeans I'm wearing again. I wasn't going to spend money on any new ones because I don't plan on being a size 16 but for another month or two. Then I could just get into the 14s I own. Except I found jeans for $13. So I figured $13 ~ or $26, since I got two pair ~ is worth not having to hike my pants up every three minutes and knowing that I look as good as I feel. And yes, it is already easier to walk up steps.

Proud Mama. The Lovely Cats and I were both bored so I decided to drive down for a day visit yesterday. Took the doggies so they could meet her. Lionel is having an affair of the heart. I think TLC might be as well. Check out her post for some great pics of my boy and my sister.
FindingAvalon3

What do you do? When you simply cannot have something you want? It may be a job, it may be a person, it may be a goal. But whatever it is, you simply cannot have it. Several of my friends and I are all going through this situation right now. Quite frankly, I'm curious to know how other people handle it. Let me know.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I watched this movie last night when the doggies and I got back from TLC's house. It's wonderful. Sometime, when you have nothing else to do, rent it. Remember your friends who helped make you the amazing person you are today. Remember your TLC, your Divine M., your Nemeria, The One...all those people, male or female. It's delightful.

I know her. One of the things I am most looking forward to about becoming a well known author (which I will) is hearing the stories my friends get to tell. Of being at a bookstore where a friend of theirs picks up one of my books and they get to say "I know her. Have I told you that?" Or being seen out with me and having someone come up to them later and asking "Do you really know her?" While it won't happen as often or be as interesting as if I was, say, Julia Roberts, I still think it will be cool. Nora Roberts's friends must get to have those conversations at some point.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

3 comments:

christine mtm said...

i loved the sisterhood of the traveling pants. made me think of you and me.

dondon009 said...

I have a very difficult time staying away from Blogland.

I try, believe me I try.

I think of blogs as journals.... pointless stuff sometimes is nice to have documented. I like going back and reading some of the pointless stuff I posted months ago.

Lionel is a charmer.... loved the visit to cats, and the photos!

And now, I can't wait to be seen with the author someday! Then I can blog, blog, blog about it!

sttropezbutler said...

Ah...the pull of it all.

You're already famous.

STB