Pages

Monday, February 06, 2006

Blah, Blah, Blah

You know what I really don't like? Whiny blogs. In fairness, I'm not much for whiny people, either. And I recognize that we all blog in order to write whatever the hell we want. You don't like it, you don't have to come back. That's cool. And I'm not talking about blogs that address real concerns or blogs that occasionally give way to the pity party every person evenutally throws themselves.

But Come On People! There are some blogs out there that make me want to shake the authors and scream "Get A Therapist, for God's SAKE!" Generally, this would not be a reason to post. However, I have a confession ~ I have finally unlinked a particularly whiny blogger from my list of links. It took me a while but I finally realized, she is not the intellectual she claims to be; she is not searching for truth or change. She is whining. I wouldn't want her as a friend; why would I want her as a link? So, my apologies to those of you who read her and found her whiny. My apologies to those of you who read her and loved her and counted on being able to find her through a link on this blog.

Meanwhile, I am introducing two new links. As is my wont to do, I point you to them. Tai over at Is This Thing On? and Moi over at The Shallow End of the Wading Pool. Love them as much as I do or wonder why I've linked them, at least they aren't whiny!

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

8 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I just looked over at your "Recent Entries" block, and my stomach flipped over when I didn't see my name there anymore: "ohmigod, it's me"...and I felt immediately whiny!

Then I realized I was looking in the wrong place. Whew!

Anyway, Hallelujah, I say! Wallowing's ok if you're eventually willing to knock it off and start picking up the pieces. Otherwise it can take over one's identity.

Tai said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out Pobble!
Much appreciated!

One day, I, too, will figure out how to do the link trick, and then you'll be up on it with lights ablazing!

Jaded said...

Whew. My whiney ass is still in the links section. All is well.

I've been hiding out as of late. I'm disgusted and disheartened... and downright disappointed by a couple of people I thought better of. Oh well, such is the way of the world.

No, it's not you, so don't even harbor the thought. Sheesh.

dondon009 said...

Please, please, please....

If I get whiney, let me know before evicting me.....

A three day notice of eviction is required here in Florida.....

BTW.... I immediately checked to see if I was still on your link list also. WHEW.... still there!

On the other hand, I'm seeing your name on some of my friends' lists and that makes me proud!

PEACE~

CrackerLilo said...

I am extremely relieved to know you don't think I'm too whiny, even when I am. :-)

I know exactly what you mean, though. After all, identifying the problem is an important first step, but there are in fact several steps *after* that, and people who show no interest in taking them are frustrating in both real life and net life.

Rose said...

I haven't figured out the link trick. I have someone doing that for me occassionally...

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

I've unlinked blogs for the same reason. I think blogging is a good outlet and we can all have a bad day, but come on! The only whine I like is red and served with dark chocolate. :) Now I have to go comment on your "Dear One" post. lol

Twisted Lady said...

Whew...

Glad to see I'm still there!

I think I'm more bitchy than whiny anyway :)