Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Priorities

My ex-husband is at it again. Lots of noise, blustering and posturing from him and his attorney. I've spent the last two days dealing with their crap. At one point yesterday, I needed a break and made a grocery list. It was very short and didn't provide much of a break. But today, with some good advice from appsrus (see previous post), I think I have finally gotten everything finished.

Feeling quite pleased with myself, on the way home from my Dealing With It jaunt, I stopped by the store. Afterall, I had just made the list yesterday and it was short so I should be fine. I bought coffee, half and half, the ingredients for oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies, and ritual candles. Excellent!

When I got home, I double checked my list. Yep, everything I got was on it. I forgot milk, cheese, bread, and cereal. But really, who needs food when you have coffee, cookies, and candles?????

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

10 comments:

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

I love your shopping results! There is nothing more healing than the 3 C's....cookies....candles.....coffee. :)

I hope your ex's milk curdles and his bread has mold.

And your "elder" sounds wonderful. :) I'm glad you have him in your life.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'll coffee/cookie/candle with ya!

I finally cut my (first) ex from my life a year ago...after being in my life since I was 16. His relationship with our son no longer had anything to do with me (child support over, etc.) and I felt no more obligation to put up with his cray-ap.

I've breathed easier since.

Some day....again, hang in there!

Dreamer said...

I missed talking to you! So glad I got to have a two minute convo, however.

Anyways, glad your New York trip went well (I cherish the post card, it is on my wall right next to the one my dad sent me from Mastricht). Sorry I won't get to see you this summer, maybe next summer? I dunno, just whenever is plausible.

And really sorry you had to deal with your ex husband. I could barely deal with my ex boyfriend, I can hardly see how well I could deal with an ex husband AND his attorney....things that make you go buuuh.

Anyways, really...coffee, cookies, and candles are all you really need...that and a nice hot bathe/shower.

Well, gotta go...my baby puppy is making noises...

Love,
Moi

dondon009 said...

Obviously the divorce is not yet "final"!

I hope for you sanity that it's soon!

You are loved~

CrackerLilo said...

Cookies, candles, and coffee--sounds about right.

What Trudy said. I bet you can think of a few rituals to do with those candles, huh?

I can, too, but "The Sacrament of Shoving a Lit Candle Up His Ass" would probably get you in trouble and reflect badly on you in court...

*hug*

Jaded said...

Mmmm cookies.

What the eff does the Ex want since he's oh, the EX?! Sheesh.

Twisted Lady said...

Mmm...cookies, the perfect food. It's all you need!

Spider Girl said...

I was darn glad I had ritual candles handy the last two weeks: we've had three power outages.

Oh, plus you can't have proper candle-lit baths without 'em. :)

christine mtm said...

i am sooo with crackerlilo! i don't care what he does for a living. i'd be happy to shove a few candles up his a**, question is should we light them before or after the shoving?

i love you!

sttropezbutler said...

Damn it...Cracker beats me to the punch again!

Truth be told..I'll never be as clever!

Hope you are having a terrific weekend!

STB