Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Speechless

My mother acknowledged that her choices and behaviors over the last three years as I dealt with the divorce have been mistakes. Then she said this:

"While I can't tell you how I'm feeling about (him) right now, I do know I cannot be comfortable with a person who causes this kind of pain. I'm finally getting it the way you have wanted me to get it for so long."

I cannot simply pretend the last three years haven't happened and that she hasn't made the choices she made. And still, what an amazing first step in the healing process between us.

Speechless.

Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

8 comments:

Jaded said...

Sometimes, people will really shock you, huh? I'm glad it's a step in the right direction for you, even if it's a baby step. I certainly hope you both continue to walk the same path, in the same direction and reach the outcome you most desire.

Nemeria said...

Wow! Knowing your mom, that is a huge HUGE step. Good for her. I can see why you're speechless since you probably never thought you'd hear anything remotely like that. Here's to the healing process...


(My word verification: hprfct. Not pErfEct, but close)

Tai said...

Slowly but surely...it really is one tiny little step at a time.

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

I'm so glad for you. Even if there is a long way to go....how wonderful that finally her eyes are opened...or opening.

Rose said...

It takes some more time to understand what we experience. Sometimes people love too hard and they can't handle a child in pain.

sttropezbutler said...

Now this is delightful news.

STB

christine mtm said...

about f-ing time. thank God

Anonymous said...

W-O-W...that's all I can come up with right now. How amazing for you. There's something to be said for all of that mileage between the two of you, huh? It's all coming together...piece by piece...

love you-
the One