Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Men, Men, Yummy Men

With everything that has happened this week, I have decided to go from the emotionally draining to pure lust. It works for me tonight. I have been told I have unusual taste in men. Perhaps this is true. Generally speaking, I don't like pretty boys. My nephew and I watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith while he was here (it's PG-13) and he asked if I thought Brad Pitt was handsome. Well...no. Not really. The exception to my pretty boy rule is Orlando Bloom. There's something about him. But generally, give me a man who isn't pretty. Who doesn't look like he will take longer to get ready to go out than I do. Who has seen some life and wears it well. Men like...





Brian Dennehy ~ who has been my number one celebrity crush since I was a teenager.



Morgan Freeman ~ who is so cool he makes Samuel L. Jackson look like he's trying too hard. Plus, he taught me to read when he was on Electric Company lo those many, many years ago. Hard to get cooler than that.



Chow Yun Fat ~ Who moves like a dream and smiles like a god.


Now, before you ask, no, they don't have to be old. Let us not forget...





Joaquin Phoenix ~ who is just going to get better and better as he ages


Josh Hartnett ~ who just makes me happy


Johnny Depp ~ who outgrew being a pretty boy quite nicely in my opinion

Still, I've got nothing against pretty boys. They just aren't usually my type. Except of course, for Orlando.




Those are Pobble Thoughts. That and a buck fifty will get you coffee.

15 comments:

Rose said...

Those are all great looking men. Though I am just like you. I don't care to date pretty boys.

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

Pretty boys....bleck.

I am attracted to "different"

Alan Rickman

Patrick Stewart

Gene Wilder

Tom Hanks

Conan O'Brien

David Letterman

Christopher Plummer

Orlando Bloom AND Viggo Mortensen

Matthew McConaughey

Chris Noth

and that actor who plays the role of "House"

hmmm ok...even I admit it's a weird list. lol

BostonPobble said...

Rose ~ There's something about these guys, isn't there? So few people get it. *sigh*

Trudy ~ LOVE your list. Esp. Rickman, Stewart, Wilder, Plummer and Hugh Laurie (the guy from House.)

sttropezbutler said...

We couldn't agree more. Can we still be friends? LOL

STB

MrVorhias said...

Yes yes, Johnny Depp is a fan of Gonzo Journalism. Bree-lee-ant.

Jaded said...

Here is my list, in no particular order:

JD Fortune (the new lead singer of INXS- hotter than hot)

Brian Stokes Mitchell

Orlando Bloom

Johnny Depp

Hugh Laurie, with the accent

Denzel Washington

George Clooney

christine mtm said...

and what about john spencer? and yes trudy... (moan when you say it) viggo.

Tai said...

mmmmmmm Hugh Laurie mmmmmm John Malkovich mmmmmm Joaquin Phoenix mmmmm

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

(moaning whimper)Viggo Viggo..lol

We all have similar tastes..

How fun!

Trudy Booty Scooty said...

And I miss John Spencer, Cats. He was such a doll. Speaking of West Wing yummies...I also have to add Richard Schiff (Toby) Oh the many many ways I'd do him...

kimber said...

Albert Finney. mmmmmm.... yummy!

Twisted Lady said...

Brian Dennehy

Yeah, there is something about him.

I see it.

BostonPobble said...

Yes, this is a very incomplete list. Spencer (the sexiest man on television under the very day he died), hell, the entire cast of West Wing, Malkovich, Finney and far too many more to name...it's so nice to know I'm not alone!!!!!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I have a crush on Drew Carey.

And of course, John Cusack, but he's kind of pretty.

CrackerLilo said...

Pretty isn't my taste, either. Not at all. I already have smooth, skinny, and pretty in my very own house, and she spends an awful lot of time in front of that mirror. I need something different! :-)

Chow Yun Fat and Joaquin Phoenix...NIIIIIICE!

You know about Tony Stewart! I also like Larry the Cable Guy (I KNOW, but he has to be very smart and very accepting of his own body and real womens' bodies to say what he does), Drew Carey, and Pharrell from the Neptunes. Elliott Sadler (another driver) is looking very good to me this year. And Jet Li just grabs my eye whenever I see him. :-)